Hong's Spot

Chicken McFlurry

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Rest

I've got FIVE more exam papers coming up next week!
I really should be revising, but I decided that I deserve a good break..


University exams are a pain in the ass. Sometimes even literally, as long periods of sitting down on a chair can lead to pain. (This is very rare, mainly because I don't revise for long periods of time.) The problem with revision is; for me, it's not re-vising. It's just "vising". As in "Well, I better take a quick look at this" instead of "Well, let's look at it again just in case, so I remember". If there's one thing that always triumphs over humanity, well at least young adults, I think it's procrastination.

I've been so bored, I've just been thinking about random stuff..

hmm..




Military Service. I still don't know what exactly is gonna happen, or what exactly should happen, I have absolutely no idea how the procedure works in Korea. I was told I need to register my new address, Liverpool at some government military website, but then I was also told I don't need to, because I'm a student. If I do need to register my new address, and I've missed the deadline... I'm in serious shit!


I could potentially be a fugitive right now! Hmm.. I like the sound of that lol.
Hmm, I'm imagining myself, returning to Korea and entering the immigration offices and suddenly getting arrested by Korean military police while i'm shouting and resisting and people are staring. LOL I sound like i'm desperate for attention or smth.

Wanted: Hong Chan Lee
Whereabouts: UK
Reward: £50,000

Hell, if the reward was so big, I'd turn myself in. Talking bout money.. I need money. :S


I am too lazy to get a job, but hey, I NEED TO EAT.
Will get a job in Korea over the summer, teaching English. But of course, before that, will go back to Malaysia for a while, just to see if it misses me yet! :P


I'm wondering, if i will be able to avoid military service if I change nationality.. If being British means that I don't have to waste 2 and a half years of my life in a rotting camp where it's full of uncultured bullies who don't speak much English, I think I'd like to be British. But can I become British?? Hmm. I don't know what the requirements are, it's not as if I'm some desperate refugee or anything. Maybe I should just marry an English woman. I wouldn't mind that. ;)


Sometimes I feel like I do want to go back to Korea and submit to the government and do the whole thing, but.. there are ALWAYS tensions between North and South Korea, and you NEVER know when war is gonna break out. Techinically, they haven't signed a peace treaty, just a ceasefire, so they're still at war. I know I don't want to die. Not even for my country. It might be a bit selfish, but as long as my ass is safe, and the same with the people close to me, I'm happy.


I'm REALLY liking Panic! at the Disco by the way. Their music. It's so catchy!

2 Comments:

At Monday, May 08, 2006 8:06:00 am, Blogger Xia_mi_mi said...

Hey good luck for your exams...mine is coming on soon.. =S

Anyway from my point of view, millitary is only good for giving the men a more structured exercise training regime & making them become a REAL man. Other than that, it sux~! =P

 
At Tuesday, May 09, 2006 1:06:00 pm, Blogger Hong Chan Lee said...

thanks. good luck with yours too.
the army making men real men! lol. i guess it does in some ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home