Hong's Spot

Chicken McFlurry

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Placebo



The new Placebo album came out on the 13th of March. I pre-ordered mine, which comes with a special DVD (it says limited edition on the side!!), and my Placebo collection is complete... for now. No idea if they are gonna make another album after this, they have been around for quite a long time after all. Placebo CDs were almost impossible to find in Malaysia, and a lot of people have simply not heard of them.

That up there, is NOT the new album it was the album that was released just before it, Placebo, Once More with Feeling, Singles 1996-2004. Considering Placebo is my favourite band, it was absolutely imperative that I went out and bought this album. I searched for ages in Malaysia, just could not find it! In KL, JB. Didn't quite try Singapore, but I did not have the chance. But now that i'm in the UK, a whole new world of unexplored music has opened up to me. Of course, I could have just downloaded the tracks off the net, but I don't allow myself to do that with favourite bands. If i like the music I hear, I will go out and buy the album. Say NO to music piracy. ;)

Placebo. Meds. Thoroughly enjoyed it, now I can die in peace now that my Placebo album collection is complete. Actually, no. I have not yet had the chance to see them live.. was meant to go and see them in Blackpool last month, but a friend pulled out, and I did not want to go alone. Inexcusable perhaps, considering it's one of my favourite bands.. but whatever.
Next album collection to complete: Blur

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home